The Football Association (F.A.) Primary Teachers Award course 14/2/2019
We are very pleased to announce that Ryan Davies (F.A. Regional PE & Coaching in Education Co-ordinator for the North East) will be visiting us to provide an F.A. certified course the Primary Teachers' Award.
The course focuses on all aspects of the National Curriculum for PE at both Key Stage 1 and 2. A comprehensive resource pack will be received by the delegates to complement the learning.
To boost confidence and enhancing delivery of those who teach PE in a primary school environment.
By the end of this course, the delegate will be able to:
- Recognise the role invasion games have in the KS1 and KS2 PE purpose and study.
- Set up organised lessons.
- Organise basic FUNdamental games to help develop movement skills.
- Modify learning activities to manage difference.
- Help with school teams and provide further playing opportunities for pupils.
Who is it for?
Current Primary School teachers and those who are working towards becoming a primary school teachers e.g. S.C.I.T.T. and PGCE students, HLTA's, Undergraduate PE/Sports Coaching students considering a primary career.
The course is FREE* and runs from 9 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.on Thursday 14th February 2019.
8 Minimum 24 delegates required. A nominal fee may be charged to non-Alliance schools to cover administration costs.
To book on the above course - please contact Leo in the Alliance office on email@example.com or 01748 818195 to secure your place!
MOVE with Zip Active – for all in Early Years and for supporting transition to KS1
Wednesday 27th March 9am to 12pm – FREE!
Brompton-on-Swale Community Sports Hall, DL10 7HT
This interactive workshop will explore child development and the opportunities high quality daily physical activity and PE provide in the development of the whole child with a particular focus on communication & language.
The MOVE with Zip Active resources provide ideas, inspiration and physically active ways to support
- Physical development of all children
- High quality PE lessons
- Fundamental movement skills -agility, balance & coordination including ‘What a good one looks like’
- Phonological (sound) awareness, including identifying and using parts of language, words, syllables, and rhymes
- Use of vocabulary & expressive language
- The narrowing of the word gap
- Creativity & imagination
- Cross curricular learning opportunities
Schools must use the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer. Move with Zip Active supports the following 4 key indicators.
The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
Suitable for – EYFS teachers and staff, subject leaders.
Cost – FREE
Any resource ordered on the day will have 10% off, only costing £63. Resources ordered after the day will be £70. Schools will be invoiced after the course for any orders made and resources can be taken away on the day.
Please find the flyer at the link below:
To book your place(s), please contact Leo in the Alliance office firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary PE Leads Development Group
Facilitated by Neil Saunders (Alliance Deputy Headteacher and Lead PE Curriculum Support Teacher) the group aims to provide PE subject leaders with the opportunity to become up to date with current practice, enhance effective implementation of the Curriculum and share ideas through a mixture of CPD and discussion.
The 2018 / 19 Sessions are being held on: