NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning Course
Are you looking to make a positive step towards your future? Are you 18 or over and interested in a career as a Teaching Assistant?
About the Course
The NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning course is nationally recognised. It is designed to support those who would like a career supporting the teacher in the classroom (teacher's assistant). The NCFE have approved the Swaledale Alliance as an appropriate body to deliver the course. Our course runs for 1 academic year.
Learners will be required to spend the equivalent 2 days per week gaining classroom experience and one evening session per week to cover the theory aspect of the course.
The evening sessions will take place every Monday, 17:00 – 19:00. Each evening session will be held at Brompton on Swale CE School.
Method of Assessment
Learners will be required to compile a portfolio of evidence and written assignments which demonstrates their learning against each of the assessment criteria for the course. They will also have regular visits in school from the course assessors and will receive marking and feedback support during the evening sessions.
The Swaledale Alliance is dedicated to providing training which our local schools recognise as a high quality qualification. Preference for the sponsored placements will be given to those who have GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths at grade C or above. Applicants who do not have GCSEs (or equivalent) but are working towards these qualifications will also be considered.
The cost of the training programme is £1650* this includes:
- Course portfolio
- Personal tutor support
- Assignment, marking and feedback
- Assistance with school placement
* You may be able to access a sponsored placement, this means that the school will pay the course fee. Sponsored places are usually allocated through the interview process. You will still need to pay the registration fee and deposit on the induction evening.
It does not include:
- A non-refundable course registration fee (for NCFE CACHE) of £130 payable on the induction evening.
- a £50 administration deposit is also payable on the induction evening.
For further information, please contact the Alliance admin team - email@example.com
You could secure a sponsored placement and have your course fees paid*
To register your interest in our Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning, complete the application form below:
* The Learner would still be required to pay a non refundable £130 NCFE CACHE registration fee and a £50 administration deposit on the induction evening in September.
Information for Schools:
If you would like to be involved in the sponsorship scheme, please contact the Alliance admin team for further details on 01748 818195.