How to Apply for ITT
All teacher training applications are now being submitted through UCAS.
To apply for an ITT placement with the Swaledale Alliance, please follow the guidance below.
- Logon to UCAS Website - Click Here
- Select the 'Initial Teacher Training' section
- Select 'Primary School Programmes'
- Select 'Swaledale Alliance' Course Code IFG
- Within your personal statement, highlight that you are applying for school-based teacher training within the Swaledale Alliance
the Swaledale Alliance and High Force Education SCITT value applications from all candidates irrespective of race, colour, nationality, national or ethnic origins, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs.
Applicants must possess the following essential requirements listed below before being selected for interview.
If you are unsure whether or not you meet the requirements or have equivalent qualifications please contact us as you may still be eligible to apply.
|Have/expected to have a good degree of a United Kingdom Higher Education Institution of 2.2 or above.||An Honours Degree of 2.1 or above|
|GCSE English Language, Mathematics and Science at Grade C or above.||A strong academic profile|
|2 A levels or equivalent of C grade or above.|
|Experience within the past 2 years of working with children in school or other settings.||Extended school experience covering both Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2, undertaken within the past 2 years.|
An informed professional reference.
|A reference from a Headteacher or other senior professional to comment on applicant’s suitability as a teacher.|
A reference containing a strong recommendation that the applicant is suitable to train as a primary school teacher.
|Articulates clear and appropriate reasons for wanting to teach primary||Identifies a range of personal strengths relevant to primary teaching|
|Conveys commitment and enthusiasm to primary teaching||Has a breadth of experience /transferable skills|
|Demonstrates openness to learning and self development||Show awareness of aspects or issues related to primary school education|
|Desire to teach young children and boundless enthusiasm||Demonstrate the skills of reflection and analysis|
|Demonstrates accurate spelling and grammar|
|Demonstrated the correct uses of standard English|
ITT Specific Requirements
Ensure that all entrants:
- Have met the Secretary of State’s requirements for physical and mental fitness to teach as detailed in the TA “Fit to Teach”
- Have been subject to a Disclosure and Barring enhanced disclosure check
- Have the intellectual and academic capabilities needed to meet the required DfE Teachers’ Standards
- Can read effectively and are able to communicate clearly and accurately in Standard English
- Possess the appropriate qualities, attitudes and values expected of a teacher
- Have passed the professional skills tests in English and mathematics prior to entry
Click on the link below to find out when our next information event is being held: