First Aid Training with the Alliance and training partners Life Lines
The Swaledale Alliance organises First Aid training with Life Lines.
The Alliance will email course availability to schools of these highly subscribed courses. If you wish to register for a future cohort, please contact the Alliance Admin Team on 01748 818195 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The courses available are:
- 2 day Paediatric First Aid
- 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW)*
- 3 day Level First Aid at Work (FAW)
For the next course dates, please contact Leo on email@example.com or 01748 818195.
Please note that cancellations made less than 7 days prior to the course will usually still be charged for.
*Please note that the EFAW 1 Day is an adult based course, but does cover older children and is useful for Year 6 and above. It is designed as a good general knowledge course in the workplace but bear in mind that it is designed for adults.
- Schools should calculate their needs for FAW, EFAW and Paediatric First Aid requirements.
- HSE Guidelines state that “ .schools are required to have fully qualified FAW trained personnel, they will need to look at their risk assessment and consider the need on average for every 50 people there should be 1 FAW trained person…”
- Please check the HSE Guidelines for the latest up to date information when considering your Schools’ needs.
- The HSE risk assessment is a guideline, the individual who completes the 3 day FAW is the person who manages the first aid needs and risk assessment.
For more details, please visit the HSE website: http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/priced/l74.pdf#page=9
Disclaimer: this information taken from the HSE website should be used for information only. It is not provided or guaranteed by the Alliance.
Paediatric First Aid Training due to expire?
You can access FREE online refresher training with our provider LifeLines:
Click on this link >>>> Paediatric first aid certificates due to expire?
As part of our collaborative working with Life Lines First Aid Training. We are very pleased to send information to schools on their e-learning Paediatric First Aid package as an alternative to the two day training course:
Information About Life Lines (Blended Paediatric First Aid Course)
The 12 hour Blended course is split into 2 training Parts. On completion of the 2 parts, individuals will receive the Life Lines Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid which meets the required standards set by OFSTED and EYFS. Certification will be valid for 3 years.
Part 1. On line e-learning covering the theory sessions of the 12 hour course. Individuals will be able to log onto the course content and work their way through 12 sessions in their own time. The average time to complete this element of the course is 4-6 hours. Learners will complete a (Written Theory Assessment), which must be completed prior to attending their practical workshop.
Part 2. This element consists of a 1 day in a class room, where individual will be taught and assessed on the practical sessions of the Life Lines Level 3 Paediatric course. Workshops can be conducted in-house (minimum number dependent) or at Life Lines pre-fixed venue. For in-house group bookings ensure there is a minimum of 6 candidates.
Important: Before booking as an individual ensure there is a workshop in your local area information of workshops and dates can be found on the website.
To register or book this course complete the registration and submit the form on line. On submission you will receive confirmation by email of your course booking. Individual who do not wish to pay online may request an Invoice.
- Visit Life Lines new Website at www.lifelinesweb.co.uk
- Go E-Learning and register as a user