First Aid Training with the Alliance and training partners Life Lines
The Swaledale Alliance organises First Aid training with Life Lines.
The Alliance will email course availability to schools of these highly subscribed courses. If you wish to register for a future cohort, please contact the Alliance Admin Team on 01748 828126 or email@example.com
The courses available are:
- 2 day Paediatric First Aid
- 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW)*
- 3 day Level First Aid at Work (FAW)
Please note that cancellations made less than 7 days prior to the course will usually still be charged for.
*Please note that the EFAW 1 Day is an adult based course, but does cover older children and is useful for Year 6 and above. It is designed as a good general knowledge course in the workplace but bear in mind that it is designed for adults.
- Schools should calculate their needs for FAW, EFAW and Paediatric First Aid requirements.
- HSE Guidelines state that “ .schools are required to have fully qualified FAW trained personnel, they will need to look at their risk assessment and consider the need on average for every 50 people there should be 1 FAW trained person…”
- Please check the HSE Guidelines for the latest up to date information when considering your Schools’ needs.
- The HSE risk assessment is a guideline, the individual who completes the 3 day FAW is the person who manages the first aid needs and risk assessment.
For more details, please visit the HSE website: http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/priced/l74.pdf#page=9
Disclaimer: this information taken from the HSE website should be used for information only. It is not provided or guaranteed by the Alliance.
Paediatric First Aid Training due to expire?
You can access FREE online refresher training with our provider LifeLines:
Click on this link >>>> Paediatric first aid certificates due to expire?